Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Caterpillar and the Butterfly



                         This painting was so much fun.  What inspired me was Richard Bach's quote

" what the caterpillar calls the end of the world...the Master calls a butterfly" 

Isn't that the most beautiful saying?   I used a background of gesso and let that dry.  Then I layered upon layers of paint and texture.  I used sharp edges to scrape the paint across the canvas.  I used stamps, and stencils and bubblewrap, and netting and more scraping paint.  I painted the flowers using craft paint and the small black daisy-like flowers on the bottom are rub-ons that I made into flowers which gave the painting more depth.

Hope you like the latest mixed media babybud painting!

Mary Anne
babybuddesigns

3 comments:

Dee said...

I love this...it is so pretty and the message so meaningful. Life is in our perception and our choice to make it the best we can! You are a truly awesome artist and person!

Mary Anne said...

Thank you for your lovely comment, Dee, have a great day!

Website Developer said...

Give Realistic Touch From Best 3d Rendering Service Provider
Quickgunz Pvt Ltd is the leading 3D Rendering Services Provider Company in India. We understand the needs of an Rendering Model and therefore we provide the best 3D architectural models. Our Company has a team of expert 3D designers who develop 3D interior/exterior Renders, 3D walkthrough Renders, 3D Cut models Render so on info Visit us or call us
3D Rendering Services
3D Rendering Services in india