Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Caterpillar and the Butterfly



                         This painting was so much fun.  What inspired me was Richard Bach's quote

" what the caterpillar calls the end of the world...the Master calls a butterfly" 

Isn't that the most beautiful saying?   I used a background of gesso and let that dry.  Then I layered upon layers of paint and texture.  I used sharp edges to scrape the paint across the canvas.  I used stamps, and stencils and bubblewrap, and netting and more scraping paint.  I painted the flowers using craft paint and the small black daisy-like flowers on the bottom are rub-ons that I made into flowers which gave the painting more depth.

Hope you like the latest mixed media babybud painting!

Mary Anne
babybuddesigns

2 comments:

Dee said...

I love this...it is so pretty and the message so meaningful. Life is in our perception and our choice to make it the best we can! You are a truly awesome artist and person!

Mary Anne said...

Thank you for your lovely comment, Dee, have a great day!